Since its introduction in 2006 the Paris-Bombay sure has come a long way. It started with a simple advertisement in Vogue magazine to get our attention and boy did it work! Each year Hermes announces a theme and many of its designs are influenced from this. It was the year “of Paris” and the Paris-Bombay was appropriately named. The first round of Paris-Bombay’s were much smaller and more rigid. The shape reminiscent of vintage doctors bags with an elitist modernization. Leather options included epsom and box calf only and they were elegantly long, stiff, and narrow. The intention was that it be carried elegantly in the hand or in the crook of the arm. It wasn’t the easiest style to embrace for daily life until Hermes offered it in softer more fluid Taurillion Clemence textured leather. This drastically changed the look and function of the bag. Today, the Paris-Bombay, has changed attitude and has a much more relaxed feeling than its recent ancestor. Nearly ten years later now, it’s still hard to find in stores and the PB is one of the most replicated Hermes handbags – Beware there are tons of fakes online!!! Now that it’s caught your attention, why not a Paris-Bombay?
Here are some more reasons to fall in love with the ultra functional and lovable Paris-Bombay:
- Made in a soft and supple caviar textured clemence leather it is very comfortable to carry and can be worn seamlessly throughout each season.
- In the winter you’ll enjoy the ease of wearing it with a winter or down coat.
- Fantastic options for bat-winging the sides to make it look more rectangular or cinching the sides to make the shape look more “square”.
- The double zippers open seamlessly to easily access your cell phone/wallet with added security.
- The 37cm size is perfect for use as a work tote (can carry files, shoes, lunch, wallet, umbrella, iPad, etc), travel bag, or for any mothers who need to carry a lot of stuff.
- The handbag opens extra wide to a buttery kidskin so soft, it will make you want to reach in to grab something.